Fred J. Lewis
Fred began protecting the rights of Idaho working people in 1988. Indeed, he helped shape Idaho law through briefs and argument which extended the statute of limitations for injured workers in Idaho. (Ryen v. City of Coeur d’Alene, 115 Idaho 791, 770 P.2d 800 (1989).) Fred is the only worker’s compensation lawyer in Idaho who devotes his entire practice to representing injured parties, but also has extensive experience in representing worker’s compensation insurance companies. Fred knows both sides of a worker’s compensation case.
Fred has successfully settled hundreds of workers’ compensation cases for working people and won numerous cases before the Idaho Industrial Commission and Idaho Supreme Court. The have included:
- Medical benefits awarded for an experimental back surgery to a nurse’s aide.
- Sixty percent disability benefits awarded to a maintenance worker.
- Statue of Limitations extended for a UPS driver.
- Thirty-three percent disability benefits to a deli cook.
- Medical benefits, time loss benefits and impairment rating awarded to a ranch hand/cowboy.
- Lifetime income benefits awarded by the Idaho Industrial Commission to a social worker.
- Lifetime income benefits awarded to a Simplot maintenance worker.
- Lifetime income benefits awarded to a Simplot machine operator.
- Lifetime income benefits awarded to a steel worker/truck driver.
Fred practices law so he can help working people obtain the money and benefits they are legally owed when they are injured and need it the most.